University Staff Advisory Council’s Staff Recognition Award Program
Nominations are now being sought for the USAC Staff Recognition Award.
Submit a nomination now at:
**Nomination Deadline: Friday, March 11, 2016**
To recognize University staff members who go above and beyond their normally assigned job responsibilities
- Resolved a particularly difficult dilemma
- Been exceptionally creative
- Been responsive to the needs of others regardless of status
- All full-time staff are eligible, and anyone at the University may submit a nomination
- Every nomination is considered on its own merit and will be given equal consideration regardless of type or level of staff position held with the University
Criteria for selecting recipients (list not all-inclusive):
- Personal traits such as dependable, resourceful, adaptable, takes initiative, demonstrates good judgment, cooperative, helpful, friendly, demonstrated professionalism, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to and support of University values: integrity, respect, responsibility, discovery, excellence and community. See http://news.psu.edu/story/326759/2014/09/19/community-feedback-forms-penn-state-values
- Did the nominee have a positive attitude or upbeat personality? Was he/she hard-working, enthusiastic, creative, and/or show a concern for others?
- Did the nominee show reliability and resourcefulness and/or demonstrate a sense of teamwork?
- Is nominee a staff member in good standing who has met competency and behavioral requirements of his/her job?
- Nominees typically are…
- …aware of the potential in everyone
- …willing to reach out – go the extra mile in resolving conflicts/dilemmas
- …able to provide the support and guidance needed to help make life better for those around them (co-workers, faculty, staff, administrators, students, visitors, etc.)
Honorees will be recognized at the annual awards ceremony and reception organized by the Council.
2015 Award Recipients
2015 Awards Planning Committee: (left to right): Faye Maring, JeanMarie Jacobs, Leslie Hutchins,
and Siobhan Brooks (Chair)