The Breastfeeding Support Program at Penn State provides rooms (Lactation Stations) at several locations on the Penn State University Park campus, as well as, Abington, Harisburg, Fayette, and Worthington Scranton campuses. These rooms are available to all Penn State students, faculty, staff and their spouses/domestic partners to provide a comfortable, convenient place on campus for breastfeeding or breast milk pumping.
Lactation Stations provide a secure, private and restful room for you to breastfeed or pump. All stations will include a chair, desk or table, and electrical outlet. Stations at University Park, Penn State Abington, and Penn State Harrisburg also provide a hospital-grade, multi-user pump.
Some stations will also provide:
- In-room or nearby sink
- A refrigerator for milk storage
- A campus telephone line
At a Lactation Station, you have four options. You may:
- Nurse your child at the Lactation Station
- Use your own personal pump at the Lactation Station
- Provide your own Medela Lactina personal pumping kit to be used with the Lactina pump housed at the Lactation Station
- Purchase a Lactina kit from The Breastfeeding Support Program to be used with the Lactina pump housed at the Lactation Station
The pumps available in the Lactation Stations are Medela Lactina Select pumps. Kit details:
- Kits to be used with the Lactation Station's Pumps are available through the Breastfeeding Support Program.
- After purchase, these kits are yours to keep and bring with you for use with our pumps anytime you utilize a Lactation Station
- These kits can also be used as a hand pump whenever you are at home or cannot access a Lactina pump
If you have your own kit or pump:
- Kits used with Lactation Station Pumps must be Medela Lactina compatible
- If you choose to bring your own pump, it may be of any brand
- If you do not need to purchase a kit or you have your own pump, then use of the Lactation Station is free of charge
|Armsby Building||Room 8|
|Business Building||Room 219 (Inside Suite 220)|
|Bank of America Career Services||Interview Room|
|Pasquerilla Spiritual Center||Room 129|
|Osmond Laboratory||Room 3 B|
|Biobehavioral Health Bldg||Room 031|
|Hammond Building||Room 151 A
|Penn State Abington
|Room 403 C
|Penn State Worthington Scranton
||Health Services Room 10 SLC
|Penn State Fayette||104 Williams Building
|Penn State Harrisburg||Library Room 115D|
|Penn State Harrisburg||Capital Union Building
Wellness Center Room 220
Lactation Stations can be reserved for 30-minute blocks. Prior to using the campus Lactation Stations you will be required to attend a brief orientation meeting.
During this meeting, you will:
- Learn proper use and maintenance of the pump and kit provided by The Breastfeeding Support Program
- Complete required paperwork
- Review Lactation Station policies and procedures
Call 814-867-0776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an orientation session.