If you are in a 100% FTE position, each holiday established by the University is intended to give you eight hours of paid time off.
If you are in less than a 100% FTE position, please refer to HR 88 to learn about how to calculate your holiday time.
The following days are established as holidays for 2013:
- New Year's Day -- Tuesday, January 1
- Memorial Day -- Monday, May 27
- Independence Day -- Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day -- Monday, September 2
- Thanksgiving Day -- Thursday, November 28
- December/January Holiday -- Monday, December 23 through Friday, December 27; Monday, December 30; and Wednesday, January 1.
Please Note: The University is closed on Tuesday, December 31. This is not a University holiday; therefore, employees who are off that day will account for the time appropriately, e.g., with vacation, if Tuesday is a normally scheduled workday.
Questions regarding this holiday schedule should be directed to the appropriate college or department Human Resources Representative.
Please see the following link for more information regarding Religious Observances.
Policies affecting employees represented by a union are found in the appropriate Agreements.
For more detailed information see policies