Wellness and Nutrition Coaching
Telephonic Wellness and Telephonic Personal Nutrition Coaching
Telephonic Wellness Coaching - Free for Highmark members. Members meet with a personal wellness coach, registered dietitian, or exercise physiologist for sessions that last 10-20 minutes. Topics for discussion include the following:
- Review your wellness profile or biometric screening results and how it relates to your health risks
- Establish personalized goals for improving health through lifestyle behavior change
- Receive advice about weight management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, stress management, or physical activity
- Be connected to support materials and links to online tools, community programs, and gym discounts
Telephonic Personal Nutrition Coaching (PNC) – Free for Highmark members who reside in PA, WV and DE. This program pairs the Highmark member with a Registered Dietitian, who will assist that person in:
- Learning how to make healthful nutrition choices for the improvement or maintenance of overall health
- Gaining insight into basic principles of nutrition
- Addressing specific concerns such as weight loss, high cholesterol, or diabetes
Highmark members are eligible for an initial 30-50 minute call, and up to two, 30-minute follow-up sessions per calendar year.
To Access Telephonic Wellness Coaching or Telephonic Personal Nutrition Coaching
There are two ways to access Telephonic Coaching:
- Call Blues on Call at 1-888-BLUE-428 (1-888-258-3428), 9:00 am - 9:00 pm E.T.
- Call the Wellness Resource Center at 1-800-650-8442