Get to know Penn State's new benefits vendors
2018 has begun and Penn State has four new health and welfare vendors. Faculty and staff are encouraged to take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the new vendors, listed below, and take advantage of the tools and resources now available.
- Aetna (medical claims administrator)
- CVS Caremark (prescription benefit administrator)
- Health Equity (flexible spending account, health savings account, and dependent care account administrator)
- Unum (life and disability administrator)
Below are two ways you can gain the most from your new health and welfare benefits.
1. Create an account on the new vendors' websites
By now, you should have received your insurance card(s) in the mail. If not, call Aetna Conierge at 855-878-4197 to inquire.
Register at Aetna.com. Make sure you have your ID card or you can use your Social Security number. Once registered, set your preferences:
- Go paperless
- Manage your claims
- See coverage and costs
- Find care
- Learn about discounts available to you and your family
- Print additional ID cards
Need additional insurance cards? It's easy — just request them through the website, use the app, or call Aetna Concierge directly at 855-878-4197.
By now you should have received your prescription benefit card(s) in the mail. If you did not receive anything yet, call 844-462-0203.
Register at Caremark.com. Even if you don't have your card, you are able to register by answering a few security questions. Once registered, you can:
- Add your billing information
- Print a member ID card
- Set your communication preferences
- Refill prescriptions
2. Download the apps
- On your smartphone, search for Aetna Mobile in the App Store and download.
- Once the download is complete, create a username and password, along with a six-digit pin number for login purposes.
- Once registered, access your ID card directly from the app.
The Aetna app also can be used to:
- Review claims
- Find a doctor
- Find discounts
- Access many of the same functions found on the web
- On your smartphone, search CVS Caremark in the App Store and download.
- Once the download is complete, create a username and password.
Use the CVS Caremark app for the following:
- Set preferences
- Refill prescriptions
- Check drug costs
- Check order status
- Find pharmacies in the network