Join the University Staff Advisory Council
USAC is now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year!
Application deadline: March 4, 2015
Applicants from all Penn State campus locations will be considered.
The University Staff Advisory Council is a great way to get involved at Penn State and serve your fellow staff members. The membership term is three years, beginning on July 1, 2015. If you have any questions regarding the application or membership, please contact Devon Purlington, Chair, Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Full-time staff employees (non-bargaining unit) are eligible to apply
- Council Advisor approves member appointments based on Committee recommendations
- The Council consists of twenty to thirty staff members (exempt and nonexempt)
- Appointments include a diverse representation of staff from a variety of units and locations
- Term of office (voting position) is three years
One member shall serve as liaison from these organizations for a one-year period in a non-voting role:
- Commission for Women
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equity