USAC is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year!
- Application deadline: March 31, 2017 (this has been extended from March 15th)
- Applicants from all Penn State campus locations will be considered
The University Staff Advisory Council is a great way to get involved at Penn State and serve your fellow staff members. Appointed USAC members have voting responsibilities and serve three-year terms, beginning July 1, 2017. Monthly council meetings typically occur during normal University hours, last approximately two hours, and are considered University business. For questions about the application or membership, contact the membership committee chair, Jenny Blew, at email@example.com. Thank you.
- Full-time staff employees (non-bargaining unit) are eligible to apply
- Council Advisor approves member appointments based on Committee recommendations
- The Council consists of twenty to thirty staff members (exempt and nonexempt)
- Appointments include a diverse representation of staff from a variety of units and locations
- Term of office (voting position) is three years
One member shall serve as liaison from these organizations for a one-year period in a non-voting role:
- Commission for Women
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equity