Computer Use

As a retiree, you may continue the use of your computer access account. Your continued use of mainframe computer accounts after you retire will be dependent upon your individual department arrangements.

Retired Faculty-Staff Club

The Retired Faculty-Staff Club meets six times a year for the purpose of promoting friendship, affording recreation, furthering the general welfare of the membership, and promoting other interests that may arise. For further information, please visit the Retired Faculty/Staff Club Website.

Faculty-Staff Directory/ Penn State Newswire

Faculty and staff emeriti may subscribe to the Penn State Faculty/Staff Newswire. If you would like to continue to receive the weekly Faculty/Staff Newswire, send an email requesting to do so.

ID Card

You may continue to use your University identification card. For more information, you should review the Penn State id+ website.


All retirees have the same library privileges as active employees. Your University identification card provides all library services.


Emeritus faculty and staff may buy a monthly permit that allows parking in valid lots with more than 30 spaces. Permits must be purchased from the Parking Office in the 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck. The Parking Office will provide you with more specific information regarding the availability of parking lots.

All retirees may purchase one-day, weekly or monthly permits from the Parking Office. These permits are valid in Orange lots. Additionally, one-day permits for Orange lots may be purchased from the visitors' kiosks located on campus or from the Centre County/Penn State Visitors' Center.

Sports Tickets and Athletic Facilities

Recreational facilities are usable only by those individuals with a valid University student, or faculty/staff/retiree identification care, programmed (where applicable) to allow proper access to such facilities, plus one related guest.  Access to such facilities will only be authorized during the time each facility is specifically designated as being open/available for use.

Department Mail/Office Space

Some departments may provide retirees with a place to receive mail. Providing office space to benefits-eligible retirees is your department or college's decision and is on a space-available basis. There is no University policy on the matter.

It is important that you keep the University and your retirement system informed of your proper mailing address as well as your medical insurance provider and your local Social Security Office. Among the offices you should notify are:

Penn State University
Employee Benefits Division
410 James M. Elliott Building
University Park, PA 16802

State Employees’ Retirement System
30 N. Third Street, P.O. Box 1147
Harrisburg, PA 17101

730 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10017

Federal Retirement Office of Personnel Management Employees Service and Records Center
Legislative Route 10068
Branchton Road
Boyers, PA 16017

Public School Employees’ Retirement System
P.O. Box 125
Harrisburg, PA 17108