What a the Wellness Ambassador?
Wellness Ambassador is the central point of contact, and assists Health Matters in planning, promoting and making logistical arrangements, for Health Matters programs offered at PSU's campuses.
How can CIF be used?
The Campus Incentive Fund (CIF) provides support for wellness programming at non-UP campuses. Employees who would like to offer a program at their location should contact their Campus Wellness Ambassador.
Click to find your campuses Wellness Ambassador
How can CIF be used?
- Classes such as, Pilates, Zumba, Yoga, etc. are offered for a duration of 7 weeks, one hour per week.
- CPR/AED, First Aid certification can be funded.
- Assist in funding Health Fairs.
CIF cannot be used for:
- Food, t-shirts, water bottles, incentives, etc.
Movement/Activity Programs – Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Yoga Fusion, Dance, Tai Chi, etc. All
campuses will use the same scheduling structure for classes. For more information contact Pam
Highmark ProgramsThese are programs provided by Highmark through Health Matters free to those who are Penn State employees and carry Highmark insurance.
- Drop 10 in 10 – Drop 10 in 10 is a 10-week weight management program designed to help participants lose 10 pounds or 10 percent of their body weight through an engaging program of optimal nutrition, regular exercise and behavior change. The program includes a combination of educational lectures, experiential activities, self-study, self-monitoring and personal goal setting. Drop 10 in 10 is designed to help individuals move away from the “all or nothing” mentality of fad dieting to the philosophy of making meaningful and long-lasting nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes.
- PNC – Personal Nutrition Coaching: Free for Highmark Members and their dependants. This one-on-one counseling service, with a Registered Dietitian, is designed to help you and your family make healthy lifestyle and nutrition choices for better health. Or, consider addressing specific concerns, such as weight management, over all nutrition, heart health, and diabetes. Highmark members are eligible for an initial one hour session and up to six half-hour follow-up sessions per calendar year.
Lehigh Valley, Berks, Mont Alto, Schuylkill, Abington, COM, York, Harrisburg, and Dickenson contact Pam Glanert
Dubois, Great Valley, Worthington Scranton, Brandywine, Wilkes Barre, Altoona, and Hazleton contact Linda Tobin
Fayette, New Kensington, Greater Allegheny, Shenango, EOC, Erie, and Beaver contact Audrey McDonough
1. Suggestions of Free Programs:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Advocate
- Mental Health Screenings
- Women’s Heart Health, Lee Denim Days, Diabetes Awareness, Breast Cancer Awareness or any other “special wellness day”.
- Tobacco Cessation Resource – Promote anytime: Quit Line 1-800-QUITNOW, 1 – 877-3258 (PA). Health Advocate, 1-866-799-2728
2. CPR and AED Trainings/Certifications. Financial assistance available. For more information contact
3. Weight Watchers – 50% savings to Penn State full-time employees for 6 month membership.
4. Health Fairs – Wellness or Healthy Living Fairs for employees. Financial Assistance available. For more
information contact Pam
Become a Wellness Ambassador
If your campus does not have a Wellness Ambassador, consider volunteering to be one by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.