Please Note: These onboarding sessions are only for new employees and appointees in University Park units and colleges that have transitioned to HR Shared Services. To verify your unit or college's transition date to HR Shared Services, please refer to the HR Shared Services transition timeline.
On or before your first day of work, you will need to schedule a one-hour onboarding session to complete your pre-employment paperwork.
Sessions are tailored to your employment or appointment type, so please choose the appropriate session. Schedule your onboarding session.
Onboarding sessions are held at the Penn State New Employee Center, Room 116 in the 331 Building located in Innovation Park (331 Innovation Boulevard).
For student employees only (beginning mid-August): Options are also available for onboarding sessions in Room 503 of the James M. Elliott Building (120 South Burrowes Street).
Please contact your hiring manager or HR contact for onboarding location.
Prior to your onboarding session:
- Ensure you have completed the Prior to Day 1 Checklist.
During your onboarding session, you will:
- Complete remaining employment paperwork.
- Receive your Penn State ID card (if applicable).
- Receive a temporary parking permit (if applicable).
Please come prepared to your onboarding session with:
- Employment Eligibility Documents - must be original document and not expired.
- Bank Account Information for Direct Deposit - a void check and/or bank account and routing number.